Knee to the Opposite Shoulder
This simple exercise helps relieve sciatica pain by loosening the gluteal and piriformis muscles, which can press against the sciatic nerve that may lead to become inflamed.
- Lie on the back with the legs extended and the feet flexed upward.
- Bend the right leg and don’t forget to clasp the hands around the knee.
- Gently pull the right leg across the body toward the left shoulder. Hold it there for almost 30 seconds. Remember to pull the knee only as far as it will comfortably go. You should feel a relieving stretch in the muscle (not pain).
- Push the knee so the leg returns to its starting position.
- Repeat for a total of three reps, then switch legs.
Open the next page to continue reading.